Recommended for ages 3+
Brachiosaurus was a large sauropod dinosaur that lived during the Late Jurassic (155-150 million years ago) in what is now western North America.
- Scientific Name: Brachiosaurus
- Characteristics: Brachiosaurus was one of the largest dinosaurs, about 85 feet (26 metres) in length, and weighed about 35 metric tons. It had a very small head, long neck and tail, and walked on all fours. Unlike all other four footed dinosaurs, the front legs of Brachiosaurus were longer, rather than shorter, than the hind legs. In combination with its long neck, this allowed Brachiosaurus to reach leaves at least 30 metres (9 metres) into the forest canopy, giving it a big advantage over all other herbivorous dinosaurs.
- Size and color: This model is 9 inches long and 8 inches high. Its bright green in color would have made it quite easy to see at a distance unless it was standing amongst tall trees, but its huge size would have protected it from all but the largest predators.
- The Brachiosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free