Recommended for ages 10+ years (with help) / 12+ years (I got this!)
Kids can build two boxing robots that use hydraulic power to move with complex shoulder gestures, jabs, and uppercuts. The fighter who knocks back the opposing robot's head scores a point on the included scoreboard.
In this corner, hailing from the rough-and-tumble robotics lab: It’s Robo-Boxer! And in that corner, the wonder from Down Under: Put your mitts together for Kangaroo-Bot!
Ding! Ding! Jab, dodge, uppercut! These boxing robots use hydraulic power to move like real boxers. Packed with the excitement of a boxing match and the fun of constructing incredible mechanical models, this kit allows you to build two boxing robots and challenge a friend to a match. With complex shoulder gestures, two boxing punches (jab and uppercut), three waist postures, and interchangeable heads, these robots are designed to float like butterflies and sting like bees. Use the handheld hydraulic controls to fight like a champ. Knock your opponent robot’s head backward and score a point on the included scoreboard. Learn about how these amazing machines and hydraulic systems work. Leave the rocking and socking to the lightweights — this awesome STEM kit really packs a punch!
- What’s better than a boxing toy? A boxing toy that you can build and learn from!
- With Hydraulic Boxing Bots from Thames & Kosmos, kids learn about the physics, design and components of hydraulic mechanisms, including gears, cylinders and pistons.
- Hydraulic Boxing Bots are fully movable bots that feature a built-in fighting game, much like the retro boxing toys so many remember. This time, however, kids can build the full experience themselves and learn about the mechanisms behind hydraulics in the process.
- The kit comes with two bots to build: Robo-Boxer and Kangaroo-Bot.
- Once built, each bot has two different punches (a jab and an uppercut), three waist postures and interchangeable heads.
- Kids can use the handheld controls to have their chosen bot punch its way to victory by knocking the other’s head back!
- Kids can also build a scoreboard to keep track of their battle.
- Thames & Kosmos estimates a 2- to 4-hour focused build time per robot.
- Kit includes 327 pieces to build both boxing robots and the scoreboard plus a 40-page, full-color manual with step-by-step instructions and 4 experiments.
- Award winning – ASTRA Play Awards: Science/STEM, and The Toy Insider's STEM 10 List.
- Contains small parts! Not recommended for children under age 3 years.