Recommended for ages 8 to 14 years
Use real techniques to solve impossible cases.
Use the magic of Chromatography to extract telltale colors from Crime Scene Notes (like DNA analysis). Special indicators spot dangerous ACIDS and ALKALIS. Develop and Lift and Match fingerprints. Trap thieves with glow-in-the-dark inks. Collect Suspect Shoeprints, then compare to your crime scene Footprint Cast. Reveal Secret Messages. Who drove the getaway car? YOU will know using Cloth Fiber Analysis… and much, much more.
- Become a detective! Use real techniques to match fingerprints, analyze DNA, identify fibers, test for poisons, cast footprints and discover secret messages. Set the scene with the crime scene tape!
- In this kit, children will learn how detectives use forensic science to collect and examine crime scene evidence. Each step in the booklet comes with an illustration to show exactly what needs to be done.
- Where's the secret message? Whose footprints are these? Test your child's observation skills as they examine the crime scene for evidence!
- Children will learn how to use chromatography to extract evidence from DNA analyses, test acids and alkalis to discover secret writing, examine fingerprint characteristics, collect shoe prints, search the crime scene for hidden messages and so much more!
- This kit develops logical, analytical and problem-solving skills as children examine evidence to solve cases.
- Kit includes a full-color instruction booklet, laboratory tools and high-quality ingredients — a total of 66 pieces*; some household items are also required, such as paper, scissors, a plate, old shoes and sweaters, a black marker, small mirror or shiny surface and a glass jar.
- UV flashlight requires 3 LR41 button-cell batteries, which are INCLUDED and cannot be replaced.
- WILD! Science products are tested to the highest consumer standards (ASTM and CPSIA).
- Contains small parts! Not suitable for children under age 3 years!
- Parental supervision is recommended.
*Kit includes: Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, Plaster of Paris, cornstarch, Universal Indicator strips x 8, beaker, pipette, scoops x 2, tweezers, magnifier, water-based marker pens x 2, cylinder, chromatography paper, UV flashlight and invisible ink marker, spoon, stirring sticks x 5, fingerprint slides, footprint mold wall, tracing paper x 6, cotton balls x 10, cotton buds x 4, ink pad, plain sticky labels, sticky tape, pencil, sample tubes x 5, Crime Scene tape x 3 meters, instruction booklet and safety leaflet.