Recommended for ages 8 to 14 years
Could you survive on the Red Planet? Learn how to make a small earth on the Red Planet with this Mars Landing Survival Kit™. Children will build a biodome, create Martian sand, witness germination*, make plant nutrients, create clean water and learn how plants produce air.
The Mars Landing Survival Kit™ from WILD! Science™ is true Space Age Science. No, it is not a toy? Plant your first seeds in Bare Sand enriched with Hydrogel Crystals. Yes, the Digested Waste is totally gross, but the Biodome Hydroponic systems and Capillary Filters turn it into clean Plant Nutrients! As the real plants grow, they absorb poisonous CO2 and make OXYGEN you can breathe, FOOD that you can eat and PURE WATER by transpiration! Any leftovers go back to the Waste Digester and the cycle starts again. You can even Clone plants! The lab gear is real. The GAS, WATER and UV Testing Indicators are real. And the FUN is out of this world! Hours, weeks and months of EXPERIMENTING AND FUN!!
- Become a Martian botanist by building a colony on Mars! Build a biodome, make Martian soil, create a mini compost and learn how food would grow on the Red Planet.
- Learn how to survive on Mars. Mars doesn’t have water and the air is unbreathable. That makes human survival a little complicated. This science kit teaches kids how plants create oxygen and fresh water!
- After children complete their own plant-filled biodome, they will love to plant seeds* and witness germination. Plant radishes, chickpeas, beans and more!
- Includes a kid-friendly, full-color instruction booklet. Science should be fun and easy to understand. That’s why each step in the activities comes with an illustration to show exactly what needs to be done!
- Conduct additional survival experiments! Children will test plant nutrients, clone food and check for UV radiation! Ever wonder why we couldn't have fossil fuels on Mars? Experiment to find out!
- Authentic science kits educate as well as entertain! Using this unique science kit, children will have fun, learn about real science and make something to be proud of.
- Supports STEM learning and develops skills in science experimentation, measuring and exploration.
- Award nominee: ASTRA Best Toys for Kids – Science category.
- Kit includes 46+ pieces: gloves, mask and goggles; tweezers; pipettes x 2; red plastic tubing; tall measuring cylinder; stick-on scales x 2; long red capillary wick; bag of sand x 2; sodium polyacrylate crystals, 0.12 ounces; calcium hydroxide, 0.18 ounces; experimenting jar with lid; test jars x 3; universal indicator paper; plant height scales x 2; die cut growing tower; split dish; molded base; large clear crater dome; medium black crater dome; small black nutrient tank dome; UV beads x 4; stickers; instruction booklet; and safety leaflet.
- WILD! Science™ products are tested to the highest consumer standards (ASTM and CPSIA).