Recommended for ages 6 to 12 years
Harrisville Designs' pegLoom is a great and affordable way to discover the excitement of real tapestry weaving. More challenging than weaving potholders, and less difficult than using other weaving tools, the pegLoom is a great way for young students and very beginners to learn how to weave.
The pegLoom is a 7- x 10-inch sturdy wooden frame, with slanted pegs attached on both sides so the weaving won't fall off. Children draw the wool yarn through the loom with a sturdy plastic needle, building fine motor skills and enjoyment in the fact that they are creating projects of their own. The size of the loom allows such projects as wall hangings, purses, coasters, blankets and rugs for dolls, and whatever else they can dream up.
Set includes the pegLoom; cotton warp string; 100% wool yarns in red, purple, green and gold; plastic needle; and illustrated instructions.
- pegLoom includes everything needed for a complete woven project up to 5.5 x 9 inches:
- Hardwood loom with rugged nylon pegs
- Cotton warp string
- Brightly colored, 100% pure wool yarns
- Plastic needle for easy weaving
- Illustrated instructions
- Hardwood loom measures 7 x 10 inches and features slanted nylon pegs so weaving won't fall off!
- Helps develop fine and gross motor skills and control, a better understanding of spatial relationships and patterning, self-confidence and self-esteem, and pride in achievement.
- Made in the USA.
- Award winning: Oppenheim Toy Portfolio 'Best Toy' Gold Seal Award, Teachers' Choice Award and the Lion and Lamb Project’s Top Twenty Non-Violent Toys Award.