THE BONES BOOK AND SKELETON, by Stephen Cumbaa
The Bones Book and Skeleton is the extraordinary bestseller with over 1.75 million copies in print and a portfolio of accolades from reviewers:
- “A terrific tool to help kids learn about their bodies.”—The Los Angeles Times
- “As science lessons go, this is probably the cleverest around.”—New York Magazine
- “Will tickle the curiosity bone with skeletal facts and activities on the role bones play in the body.”—Better Homes and Gardens Guide to Children’s Products
- “Make no bones about it—this item is a great way to show youngsters how the body works.”—The Atlanta Journal
- “A delightful package.”—The New York Daily News.
Now, this educational classic has been updated with additional content and repackaged to give it a fresh, bold, contemporary look and form that makes it much easier to shelve and display. The 12-inch, 24-piece skeleton is realistically designed with moving joints, and can be displayed in its clear plastic bell jar. The book is packed with projects, experiments and facts about all the systems of the human body. The focus, of course, is on the bones—what they are made of, how they grow, how they work. New is an expanded section on paleontology and fossil remains incorporating the latest news from the field, including the newly discovered hobbit-sized humans from the last Ice Age. This is a great gift for every kid, one that truly brings science to life.
- Includes 24-piece skeleton which is designed according to standards set by Gray's Anatomy and has actual moving joints
- Book is 64 pages, paperback
- Product measures approx. 13.35" high x 4.25" in circumference
- Written by: Stephen Cumbaa
- Published by: Workman Publishing Company, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780761142188
- Supports STEM learning
- Encourages interest in biology, anatomy, science, and scientific exploration and learning
- Award winning: Parents' Choice Award
- Not suitable for children under age 3 years!