Recommended for ages 8 to adult
An item as common as a sliver of onion skin reveals unexpected dimensions and ignites curiosity when viewed through the Discovery KIDS™ 900x Biological Microscope. With this 28-piece set, junior scientists will find everything they need to begin exploring the hidden details of the world around us. This compound microscope has a zoom eyepiece, a rotating turret of three objective lenses and a maximum magnification level of 900x. It also includes color filters and a projection eyepiece that allows for tracing or for multiple viewers to see the image at the same time. The set also comes fully equipped with prepared and blank slides, collection tools and extensive instructions for nine different experiments.
- Study specimens in stages using three magnification powers ranging from 100x to 900x.
- Color filter wheel makes it easier to see details of colorless or transparent specimens.
- Dive right into the world of microscopy with prepared slides and included samples.
- Launch your own investigations using this set’s many collection tools, vials and blank slides.
- Set includes 900x Biological Microscope and a hard shell carrying case to store and protect the microscope and other accessories.
- Includes 25+ accessories to jumpstart investigations: Color filters, projection eyepiece, 5 prepared slides, 7 blank slides, 8 slide covers/labels, slide case, 3 collection vials, test tube, Petri dish, tweezers, scalpel, pipette, stirring rod, spatula, experiment booklet and instructions.
- Microscope requires 2 AA batteries, NOT INCLUDED.
- Set includes functional tools with sharp points and edges.