Recommended for ages 8 to 14 years
Snap Circuits® sets by Elenco® are quality crafted innovative science kits to give children an exciting, hands-on introduction to electronics. Snap Circuits Classic with Computer Interface comes with over 60 pieces to create 305 different electronic projects. More than 70 experiments from this kit will involve the enclosed computer interface. The pieces—which include snap wires, a slide switch, a resistor, a microphone, and capacitors—snap together easily onto the included plastic grid with no tools or soldering required. Each piece is numbered and color-coded to make identifying them easy. These components combine to create working circuit boards just like the ones found inside televisions, radios and other electronic devices. Prepare to engineer over 300 exciting, useful electronic gadgets and play lively electronic games. The young scientist will learn the principles of physics testing transistors and capacitors, creating time delay circuits, and building circuits with oscillators and photo sensors. We venture that even Edison would be amazed!
- This Snap Circuits® electronic lab contains easy-to-snap together parts to perform more than 300 science projects with electricity, including more tons of fun projects with the computer interface.
- Have fun learning all about electronics!
- Snap-together parts require no tools and ensure correct connections; projects go together with ease.
- Create your own exciting experiments and games.
- Snap Circuits Classic kit can be upgraded as kids grow and master the included projects. This way, kids will enjoy additional parts, manuals and projects that'll take their kit—and their fun—to the next level. (Upgrade kits are sold separately.)
- Projects include: Lamp & Fan, Musical Doorbell, Laser Gun, Police Car Symphony, Reflection Detector, Spinning Rings, Pencil Alarm, Race Game, Photosensitive Electronic Organ, Space War Music Combo, The Lie Detector, Mosquito, Musical Motion Detector, Fire Fan Symphony, Water Detector, Screaming Fan, Daylight Music Radio, Blow off a Space War, Red & Green Control, Touch Buzzer, Laser Light, Flooding Alarm, Make Your Own Battery, Hissing Foghorn, Blow On a Candle, Mosquito, Voice-Controlled Rays of Light, Spacey Fan, Old-Style Typewriter, Blinking Double Flashlight, Hummer, Motor That Won't Start, Steamship, Pressure Alarm, Feedback Kazoo, Race Car Engine, and many more:
- Over 60 easy to identify, color-coded parts, including: Base grid (measures 11 x 7.7 inches), snap wires, whistle chip, slide switch, press switch, photoresistor, LED, 2.5 V lamp socket, 3.2 V bulb (3.2V, 0.2A), battery holder, speaker, music integrated circuit, space war integrated circuit, motor fan, resistor, jumper wire (black), jumper wire (red), and more!
- Encourages interest in electronics, programming, circuits and experimentation.
- Develops skills in physics, electronics, building skills, experimenting skills, dexterity and science.
- Winner of multiple awards: ASTRA Best Toys for Kids, Toy of the Year, Amazing Toy Award, ASTRA Hot Holiday Toy Pick, Dr. Toy Winner of 100 Best Children’s Products, Dr. Toy Winner of Green Toy Company Award, and more!
- Requires 4 AA batteries, NOT INCLUDED.
- Unit Dimensions: 19 x 14 x 2 inches (LxWxH).