Recommended for ages 8 to 12 years
The beauty of Snap Circuits® Jr. Select is in its simplicity. All the circuits and modules simply snap together onto a special grid. Which means...You never have to solder anything and all you have to do for each experiment is arrange the parts and snap them together!
Start out with the basics by building a simple circuit that lights up a small lamp. Keep on exploring to learn about switches, light sensors, electro-magnet motors, and more. Build a musical doorbell, a flying-saucer fan that takes flight when you turn on the spinning motor, a two-way light switch, a sound-effects machine, and more. You can even build whole circuits that are switched on by the shining of a light!
By the time kids work even half way through the 130 activities, they'll have become true pros of circuitry construction. Versatile, fun, and packed with educational excitement that's easy to grasp, the Snap Circuits Jr. Select set truly turns the powerful science of electronics into child's play.
- The powerful science of electronics becomes child's play!
- Snap-together circuitry set made easy for younger explorers.
- With over 30 parts, children can incorporate a glow-in-the-dark flying saucer, color-changing LED and more into their designs.
- Each of the 133 experiments are exceptionally easy—Just snap the pieces together according to the diagrams.
- Detailed, illustrated activity booklet included—Each activity accompanied by detailed explanation.
- No soldering required!—Just snap the parts together onto the grid.
- Read through the introduction to learn about electricity, motors, circuits, and how they all work.
- Encourages visual-spatial skills, logic, an understanding of circuitry and creative exploration
- Develops skills in physics, electronics, building skills, experimenting skills, dexterity and science.
- Excellent addition to any STEM curriculum
- Projects include: A light-controlled light, motor-controlled sounds and light, space/war alarm combo, photo/space war, motor-controlled sounds, bizarre blinker, periodic sounds, two-way light switch, and more!
- Includes over 30 parts: 13 circuits in varying size, battery holder, base grid, color LED module, egg LED attachment, prismatic film, jumper wire, lamp module, motor module, glow-in-the-dark fan, photo-transistor module, speaker module, resistor module, slide switch module, press switch module, music integrated circuit, alarm integrated circuit, and space war integrated circuit.
- Snap Circuits® products have won many awards, including: Toy of the Year (TOTY), ASTRA Best Toys for Kids, Parents' Choice® Recommended, Good Housekeeping's Best Toy, Family Choice, National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) Gold, Children's Choice, Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products, 10 Best Educational Products, Green Toy Company, the inaugural Seriously STEM Award & KAPi Award.
- Requires 2 AA batteries, NOT INCLUDED.
- Package measures 15 x 10 x 2 inches (LxWxH); weighs 1.75 pounds.